Monday 16 June 2014

Working hard in Sibu - June 15 2014


I hear so much world cup news all the time I don't understand why anyone watches soccer it is so boring. and Malaysia is really bad at soccer :P

CFL! That sounds exciting, keep me up to date on that.

Wow! Elder Reynolds sent a letter! what a good elder!

Brother J is being baptized on saturday! He is so awesome I love him, he is 55 and retired and the adopted uncle? of our most active family in our area.

There were so many miracles this week I don't even know where to start. Everything was so good.

The branch last week said that less active work was fruitless and not worth doing, so this week we proved them wrong, and this family that we've been working with for this whole transfer, the father is a truck driver goes back from Sibu to Miri, he managed to come to sacrament with his family! and they were so awesome! They were all reverent, excited AND SOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY IT WAS SO FREAKING AWESOME!

He got back from work at 8 in the morning, went to sacrament at 11 and then went to work again at 1, with no time HE STILL CAME WITH HIS WHOLE FAMILY AND THEY ARE SO AWESOME I AM EXCITED

We decided that this branch needs to start properly functioning, so we started meeting with our branch mission leader weekly, and letting him do his calling has been SOOOO GOOD! He is working so hard, and we didn't go to branch council, so the leaders of the branch finally realized that they are in charge of the branch, brother E took care of all the missionary stuff, and the branch is changing so quickly.

I met someone from Vancouver this week, visiting family.

We had a meeting with all the branch presidents of the district, and the district president and missionaries about hastening the work, and I got to eat dinner with the district president (who owns a gold business in Singapore and has donated over RM 1 000 000 to the church...) and the branch president from Sibu Jaya and it was one of the best conversations I've had on my mission.

 

I went on splits with Elder Christenson (from my MTC group) and we now have new investigators of this family who is so prepared!

idk, there was so much, the church is true :P

I was being nakal on my bike, did a wheelie, felt really good, went about 20m further, thought it would be cool to skid out and skid my back tire, turns out that my bike doesn't really have brakes... so I hit a garbage can, knocked it over and it burst a small pipe, but our investigator brother J fixed it :P and as a result we met a member who has left the church...

anyways that's my news for now :P
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment