Thursday 26 September 2013

Sept letter # 2

Hey I'm enclosing two letters, one for the family, and one is just a quick hello to the YM, could you bring that to the next activity or to Sacrament, IDK when you'll get this.

I'm loving my mission.
Hey TROY! How are you :)
I miss you dude
:)

Saya Kasih Sayany
(I love my family)
Jumpa lagi
Elder Bester


ps I'll write as much as I can on p-days.




Hey family! So I'm writing this day before p-day, so you'll actually get this after my first email.

Yesterday was the most incredible day of my life, it was our first devotional with the entire MTC!

Just looking around as we sat in the BYU Basketball arena with 8000 missionaries was super cool. I've grown to love my calling, my companions, and the MTC. BTW I loooove the food, but I'm skipping a couple meals so I don't get fat ha ha

In the MTC there is still districts & zones, just like in the mission field, but a bunch of Elders & Sisters going to Madagascar left Monday, so now our zone is small. :\
but we have
- 2 Singapore districts
- 1 Greek
- and a mix of Latvia/Armenia
- Madagascar (when we get the new guys)
So our zone & branch meetings are roughly 40ish Elders & Sisters.

Of the Elders, almost all of them are from the USA, but my real buddies are the other foreign kids.

For example, we played a game of soccer the other day, and I got Elder Parch from Wales on my team and Elder Painsu from Australia, it's cool, cause we're all the only ones from our country.

Man I'm super excited about my mission right now! haha

All the Americans keep making Canada jokes, it's funny cause they sound so weird. They all make fun of how I say "bag", "flag", etc, or eh, and there's been a couple times I've said about like "aboot" and they've noticed. haha

I kick butt at gym, and me & my companion baby dunked cause you're not allowed to touch rim or dunk.... I also maybe touched rim anyways... and If I did I maybe touched it with both hands... but we're not allowed to, so.... :)

I got the best calling ever :P
Me & my companions got called as branch music coordinators with me as the head! I'm so super stoked!

In Singapore & Malaysia they use the hymn book titled "Nyanyian Rohani" which translates directly to "Songs Spiritual" and indirectly to Spiritual Songs. However, it's in Indonesian.

In fact, the Bible, Pearl of Great Price, Doctrine & Covenants, Preach my Gospel etc. have all not been translated into Malay yet and we have to use a similar form of language .. Indonesian.

I'll probably fill up my journal before I leave the MTC, and I'll mail that back to Calgary.

Final little note of mine, I figured out how to play my mission tag!!!

I love you guys, hope you're doing great, I'll write more in my email tomorrow that you're going to get before this...

Jumpa Lagi!
Elder Bester



Letter from Elder Bester to the YM:

Hey guys!
How’s Calgary? How was Sunday without me answering all the questions
I’m writing this the day before p-day, so I haven’t received an emails. Also as it isn’t p-day I don’t have too much time to write this so it’s going to be shorter than I like....
The MTC has been a permanent spiritual high, everything is amazing. I’m on West Campus which is the campus with the better apartments!
I have 2 companions and they’re cool guys. I’m so glad I made the choice I did to come out.
Honestly, you get out here and you lose yourself in the work of the Lord.
Malay is easy…ish…kinda. Words are really long though, the Malay Book of Mormon is 300 pages longer.
I’m leaving on October 22nd to Singapore. I can email Thursdays but can get snail mail any day and respond.
I love you guys, sorry this is so short, I’ll email soon
Jumpa Lagi

Elder Bester

No comments:

Post a Comment