Monday 14 April 2014

Conference - April 13, 2014

Our usual place is closed... so we are in an even worse place for email today...

I can't really use email today, so I will probably not be able to email all my siblings or anyone else until next week, because it takes a really long time to send an email.

An amazing story this week, so the first session of general conference started... and there were 5 people there... 4 missionaries and our investigator R! (by the end of the 1st session there were 10...) (not the best turn out :P)

R does not have much, he is from an island in Indonesia, owned by Singapore, and is working in Malaysia and currently making half of minimum wage (only making RM400/month or about $130 a month) lives in a tiny little square above his work, but he is possibly the most charitable person I have ever met. He met a guy walking along without a shirt, and even though he only owns a few shirts, he gave him his shirt off his back, bought him a drink and sent him on his way.

That is just the kind of character this guy is.
But in between the 2 sessions on saturday, there was a lunch, and everyone (all 10 of us...) were eating and talking, and as we finished, R started cleaning everyone's dishes, while everyone just continued. I was so shocked, not the branch president, or the elder's quorum president, the humble under payed worker.  

 

So I just want to say to the family that what I took away from conference, is that we can not sit on the fence. Either this church is true, and it is the only thing that matters, or it is false and it doesn't matter at all, but there is no in between, and we can not choose to only be half way. Jeffery R Holland said that so well, I encourage you guys to watch that again. (Niel L Anderson also, Russell M Nelson,Quintin L Cook, Pres Uchtdorf,) I also recommend the entire priesthood sesion again... cause it was absolutley incredible. Dallin H Oaks gave an absolutley amazing talk that was an example of how firm in the faith we need to be.

I had a thought when D Todd Christofferson was speaking of the humble silent power that radiated from him. It was incredible to see where the power of God is.

I know that we have living prophets today, and they speak the words of God, declaring to the world the truth of this gospel, because it is true, and when we know that, we can not doubt it.
I know that we need to stand firm in the faith, bold in front of those who despise, brave in front of those who hate, unwavering in front of those who revile, because this is the Lord's work, not ours, and it can not and will not fail. The Lord's works can not be frusturated! (Doctrine and Covenants 3:1-2) and we have the opportunity, chance, and responsibility to choose if we are going to be on the Lord's side, or if we are going to "sleep through the restoration"

Every member a missionary, every member an example, every member a representative of Jesus Christ. We make covenants, at baptism all the way until the temple, and we need to live up to those covenants, and wear the name of Jesus Christ on out hearts.

There is no greater work than this, nothing is more important than the Savior and his atonement.

The Book of Mormon is true because of course Jesus Christ would talk to more than just the Israelites, and of course it is another testament of Jesus Christ.
Joseph Smith was a prophet, because Heavenly Father wouldn't leave his children alone in the darkness without the proper knowledge of the Savior's atonement, and how we can return to live in Heaven with our families forever.

As Members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, we can not doubt, we can not fear, and we need to go to work.

I was so glad I could understand things in Malay, cause I still understood conference, the last session had 10 people, 4 were asleep, 5 were playing on phones and the last one was me, I realized that if nothing else, my mission is going to allow me to never fall away, and stand strong in the faith

Well I am going to log off so that maybe my email to president will load faster,
Love you all
Jumpa Lagi,

Please put a post, and or tell Padoch, Kenzie, bro.Johns and my siblings that I will email next week

Elder Bester 

No comments:

Post a Comment