Monday 7 April 2014

Families - Apr 6 2014


HEY EVERYONE!
 
I'm still in Kota Sentosa hahah 5th transfer... sooooo long.
I love Elder Reynolds, I am so excited to get to serve with him again!
Still District Leader, and there is another companionship coming into Kota Samarahan!! So now there are 4 companionships and a senior couple in this area, and I am so excited!
 

So this week we had zone conference in Singapore! Which was awesome! I was so inspired and felt the holy ghost soooooooooooo strongly! It was absolutely incredible!

But one of my favourite parts was when president showed a video of a family doing work and praying for a missionary (who happens to be in our mission) and it was awesome. I realized just how amazing a family is, and just how important of a role I am playing right now, also I realized that I can feel your prayers for me. I always wondered why we pray for missionaries, but now I truly now, because I can truly feel it.

I am so thankful for my family, and that is why temples are so important.

Read the scriptures daily together and individually, that is all we need to do and we will never fall away.

Elder Boyter (the senior couple in my district, who is to me kinda like my mission dad... except that that is president Mains...) said something this week of "What are you going to do so that when you return home from your mission, the Missionaries serving there won't have to help reactivate you" and he stressed the importance of reading the book of Mormon every day! There is nothing else that is that Important! Because if we do that, then everything else will follow.

I had a thought and it was "I wish it hadn't taken me 3 transfers and an ocean to realize how much I love my family" Make sure that you guys do things together every day!

I love you all, I had an incredible week, so spiritual! I love the work, make sure you are helping the missionaries back home. Invite people to straight up meet the missionaries. Inviting people to activities is good, but inviting them to Family Home Evening, church, and meeting the missionaries is so much better. We have this happiness in our lives because we know the truth so why should we not have the responsibility to share it.

I love you all, and remember that every member is a missionary. I only listened to President Monson's opening remarks and Elder Holland's Saturday talk (so far, i listen to everything else in Malay this weekend) Elder Holland's talk is incredible, and I really recommend listening to that talk for FHE and realizing that it is our responsibility to be missionaries.

Jumpa Lagi!

Elder Bester

About the pictures:

the one in the house is A and A and they are moving to KK so we went to their house.

The butterfly pictures are in the Singapore airport (honestly Singapore is the coolest city in the world) and the other one is a bill of the missionaries when we go to Chili's in Singapore :P






No comments:

Post a Comment