Tuesday 4 March 2014

Mar 2, 2014 emails

Some of the emails this week answered questions from emails, so where needed, I will include the questions.


Troy would probably ask you if you would cheer for the Jamaican bobsled team if you were watching the Olympics


I would definitely cheer for the Jamacian bobsled team
 
We were wondering if you have gotten sick from any food at all, or had any sick days? 
 
I refuse to take a sick day :P and have not gotten sick yet cause I have lots of faith and a family praying for me back home.

I have made a decision that I have to throw up twice in the morning before I'll ever stay in.

and I haven't gotten sick yet, cause I pray a lot :P
 
And any other close calls on your bike?

Not since I got hit by the car.

Does being district leader add much work to your week?

DL doesn't add too much, I report twice a week, but I still try to keep in contact every day.
I also have to teach my district on Tuesday's (tomorrow! Hopefully I don't look like an idiot :P )

My new companions name is Elder Reynolds, and he is freaking awesome! He is from Houston Texas, and he is 20 years old (I am still the youngest Malay speaking missionary in the world) (...cause this is the only mission with Malay... but there is probably Indonesian missionaries younger...) He loves to talk to everyone! He has greeny fire :P which is really fun, and we have already had a lot of success this week, even with a short week because of transfers.

I have thought about taking a video of traffic here, that would be really funny, showing you guys my "daily commute"

TROY GO FREAKING LEARN HOW TO SWIM :P Swimming is awesome and I want to swim, but I can't swim cause I am a missionary :P

Keep me updated on stake things ok :P

I wish I could go to the temple :( but the temple is so far :( I want to come back to the Kuching temple one day. But that is still like 20-30 years away...

cause it would be cool to get to go to the temple in Malay instead of English :P and cause you know... this is my kampung :P

Well I love you all, and you are probably emailing me right now... so I should go answer that


Who are you teaching these days?
 
We had 5 investagtors at sacrament this week! There is this one family (unfortunately the dad isn't interested, but we fasted that his heart would be softened) and then also another guy named R, and he is super awesome. One of the kids in the family, P, is so awesome, he is on date, and says he wants to start preparing for a mission after he is baptized (he turns 18 in August)
 
How many people attend church? Does everyone have to get up and speak at testimony meeting?
 
Pretty much like that, but actually it is really good, like there isn't awkward pauses. And everyone knows and loves the missionaries :P
One of the families actually gave me a letter (Sister K, don't know if I told you guys about them) the only kinda active full family in our area (the branch has more but they are all in the sisters area) but there daughter B wrote me a letter thanking me for helping their family to start to read and pray together, and she is so happy now, it was a great letter (I think I'll send a copy home (English letter) cause it was really cool, really made my month)
Also Training is so hard, I thought I knew what I was doing :P and do not :P
Did my other packages ever get there?
 
I got the Canada one


And is there anything from home that you really miss (besides people)?

ummm, not really, I think I am going to move to Malaysia :P
I miss like, music :P Don't hear much Billy Talent as a missionary.
Honestly the only thing I want from home is for the young men to all leave on missions (or at least have their calls) before I get home...
There really isn't anything else that I want from home for than that.
Money :P that is nice, (just kidding I'm fine do not need) Milk shakes, but we go to McDonalds every now and then and have ice cream... really just like things I don't know, I love letters, ummm... idk like, I go home in 18 months or whatever it is now... like can you have more people know Malay when I go home so I can speak it?
I don't really need anything :P
Well I'm on my way out :)
Talk to you next week :)
Jumpa Lagi,
Elder Bester
Get those YM out!
 




 
His email from Dad was just, do you have some words of wisdom to share with me, so this is what he sent:

Well dad, I have many words of wisdom, but I am expecting to receive words of wisdom back :P and also stories from your mission, cause all I know about your mission is that you served in England, something about some kings ring, and that you can speak a little bit of Welsh.

My word of advice is that if some one is to read the book of mormon, and study it every day, feasting upon the words in the pages, they never fall away.

It is so simple, if the book of mormon is true, Joseph Smith was a prophet, Thomas Monson is a prophet, and this church is true, and we need to dedicate our lives to it.

Read pray go to church.

If you make that your focus for people you help, they will grow in faith.

Joseph Smith taught when asked about how he governs the church: "I teach them correct principles, and they govern themselves."

Let our family be a strong hold for zion in the north stake of Calgary.

Stress temple worship, and get as many people as possible to be worthy of a temple recommend.

Remember that your loyalty is first to the lord (and also to mom), then to stake president, and then to your people you are helping.

Be an example, take notes of miracles in your day. Take notes of the scriptures.

Read alone, read with the family.

Work with missionaries, bring new members into the church so that the stake can truly see that the field is white, and that the lords hand is in all.

Send Young Man AND Young Women on missions.
Have active members read the book of mormon with inactives
 

No comments:

Post a Comment